Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Tribute to the survivor out of all ever survive...

August 10th, 2005

After 2 days trying hard to find it, I finally have come to the end of my searching…yes, the search and rescue team is pulling out..with failure. Guys, for the second time (consecutively) I have lost my beloved wristwatch. Damn!!! All the stuff that I love normally will leave me in such an unexpected way, leaving me here living in sorrow. I know some of you would say it is just a wristwatch. I can get a new one anytime. The problem is, in my life, things that I really concern when it comes to my appearance were just my wristwatch and my shoes. I would never mind to wear something cheap, as long as I feel good about it, as long as it make me feel comfortable and confident with myself. Previously, I lost my beloved Guess? Microsteel in a hospital when I was paying a visit to my good friend’s dad. I bought that watch as a birthday present from me to myself, after I receive the first paycheck from MARA for my study loan. Still remember the day I went to Damansara Jaya, there is a factory outlet stre for guess, Raoul, Mambo,and some other good brands, the moment I saw that watch, I have just several dollars in my pocket. Thank God Kadak and Nailah was there, they lend me some money (which I pay right the day after). Together for my birthday that year, ( it was 2 years ago) I bought myself that wristwatch, a pair of shoe from beetle bug (and I still wear it until today), and a new pair of eyeglasses (the one you seeing me wearing today and for the past 1 year). After I lost that watch, I have not been wearing any wristwatch for several months, until a good friend of mine told me that he bought his watch at one of the stall in KLCC (one of those in the LG floor) only for 20 bucks. It looks pretty nice and I went to the place the day after, found the watch I love, bought it without doubt. First I thought that it will just gonna be a temporary until I find a ‘real’ watch. Time passed by very fast, and until today I did never find any wristwatch that I like. I mean, I found some of them that I like, but they are either not really attractive, or will cost me too much of money.

This watch, I bet the one that I can call the survivor of any of my watch i ever had. The previous watch crowned with that title was the watch I wore back in the days when I was in form 4. That watch, I bough from a local pasar malam near the place I live was so good. I used to skate back during those days. The normal tradition when you skate, you are likely to fall often, with various acrobatic moves. This watch, was able to take all that. It got scratched so badly but I could still see the needles. Once a my classmate made a joke that if I don’t get myself a new watch, she will create donation box for me to buy me a new watch. It was finally reach its limit on the day I first got to do the grind. It was only a 50-50 grind but it made me fell quite badly and the watch’s strap was cut as the effect when I myself ’50-50 grind’ on the floor. Broke the glass and that’s the end of it.

The recent watch that I have just lost, went through a lot more pain. It is suppose to be not water proof ( 20 rinngit watch ma…), but it got into water for uncountable times, the strap got cut for several times, with various of reasons. But still, I sew them back. And I was proud to answer people each time they asked me the reason why the watch got too much stitches. It even went to a situation once in Keningau, Sabah, both side of the strap got cut, but I need a watch to wear. Can’t live without it, my life will go upside down. So I went to one street tailor, asked his favor to sew the strap back. He did it, the moment I wanted to pay; he refused to receive any money. Maybe he was sad to see, for the first time after years he became a street tailor, a guy came and asked him to sew a watchstrap instead of a shirt, pants, or anything like it. The recent cut was last month when we went to Arkansas, it was the time when we played basketball, and somebody has just brilliantly scratched my wrist instead challenging the ball, effect: total damage. The strap got cut, the head was torn apart. I thought that was the end of it. The moment I got back to the hotel room, I found out that it could still be saved. The ‘save-my-watch’ operation carried 1 or 2days after that as result of lacking of equipment. I know that to find a new watch seemed to be a nice idea, in addition I am in U.S.A, and so I would have more reason to do that. The problem is, a)I hardly find wristwatch that I like even the last time Feroz told me that there was a Guess? watch on sale for 30 dollars in Dillards, I refuse to even go(even I still consider to do that). I just feel that I love this watch so much until I don’t need a new one. But now, when I need it the most, it is not there. Come back, my beloved AMtoPM 20 ringgit watch…anyway lie is all about come and go, rite?

Today is really a a p.c and p.c lab day…the moment I woke up today, called a friend of mine for a morning walk, she didn’t pick up the phone, guess she was having the best sleep of her life…then I started writing the essay to be compiled during the 5-days conference in Washington D.C this coming week. Felt that my brain didn’t really work well in the morning; I decided to start the first phase to pack my stuffs. Done with that, I walked myself to the p.c lab for the ‘first session’. 2pm walked back with anuar, cooked lunch. 4pm I was back here. 11pm, finished the essay, walked back with bob for meeting with jeff, 2am, I am back here..and here I am..p.c lab with syahz…nitey nite people..

posted by imran at 3:41 AM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by illogirly for stockstash
modified by Aviendha
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com