Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

raya post

Sunday, november 7th, 2005

So I'm back from Eid celebration. Somehow we decide to go back to Penang, my dad's hometown. We normally prefer to celebrate it in my mom's place in Pantai Remis, Perak. Maybe our presence is more needed there. Reason? My cousin is getting married, so need to help here and there lah.

The good thing about Penang is the FOOD. Some even call Penang as 'heaven of food'. My favorite? Nasi Kandar is on the top. The hunt for Nasi kandar started from the first night in Penang. 'Line Clear' - one of the famous is actually not a shop. It’s a chain of stalls on a small street between shop lots. So as you eat, don't be surprised to see some motorcycle pass thru you. Why its called such? Last time, it used to be the place where those who decided to 'ponteng (skip) fasting during Ramadhan look for food without being caught by the authority. It's a history now, but yet the name stays.

This Eid was a totally new experience for me. To perform the Eid prayer a drizzle was something new for me. I personally love it, feels like the God is blessing me with His 'rahmah' and 'inayah'. Maybe I sound weird (yeah, these things, coming from me) but that was the exact feeling I felt. Love it, love it so much.

On the 3rd Syawwal, our family, in 7 cars traveled to Gunung Semanggol, Perak. My as I said before, my cousin is getting married. Its just the 'akad nikah', the kenduri will come later. Everything went fine except the part where the ceremony was delayed for 1 and half hour. Reason? Here is the story. The other couple (no relation to us) was scheduled to be after our turn invaded the 'Qadi's house as soon as they see us entering the mosque. Fro me, it was so childish for them to act in such way. Even if they are so desperate to have a legal sexual intercourse even by 1 and half hour earlier that scheduled, they could request from us to have their ceremony earlier. We would have no hell problem with that. Whatever...

After the ceremony, we went to Pantai Remis, my mom’s hometown. The traditional 'Laksa Mee' has been my favorite every time I'm there. It was one dish I would love to eat at anytime. So simple, but yet the taste...excellent!

Just arrive in K.L this noon. I guess I spent the whole day sleeping...zzz...

posted by imran at 11:54 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by illogirly for stockstash
modified by Aviendha
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com